Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Spring!

My Spring will start early. I will be going to visit my sister who lives in the Cayman Islands over Spring Break. I am so excited about the trip. She has lived there for three years and this is my first time getting a chance to go visit her there. Besides doing all the touristy things that she will probably have me do, I'm excited to be able to visit her at work. She teaches at an elementary school there, so, I'm excited to go visit her classroom, see the school, and meet her students. Our dad visited her there last year and she said all the kids loved him, so I'm aiming to out-do him a little. 

I'm hoping to also do some fun things with my family and friends here in Orlando. We decided to do a planned meet-up at least once a month and I'm looking forward to that. We've also talked about starting a "book circle" as opposed to a book club.  We all have books and we decided instead of everyone buying a copy of the same book and reading it together like in a book club, we will share books we have with each other and get together to chat about them once the book we've chosen for the time has made its round in the group. We're still working out to details to see if it's feasible. But, I'm excited about the prospect. 

It's hard not to include work and school into my Spring plans because that's my life, but this made me want to think about making Spring plans that don't include work and school. 

4 comments:

  1. Joydel,

    I am sure your trip is going to be so fun! I have seen pictures of the Cayman Islands and it seems dreamy. I love the idea of a "book circle," I intentionally buy used books with the hopes that I might find comments and underlines. It makes me feel like I am reading with another person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that must be so exciting getting to go to the Cayman Islands! It will be a great experience observing a classroom in another country. I hope you get the opportunity to learn a lot while you are there. The book circle seems like it will be fun too! What books are you planning on reading in your group?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a book circle and have been a member of a book club for the past 10 years. I think your visit to your sister's classroom sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A book circle sounds great! If I was able to find the time to read more, I'd look into joining one myself.

    ReplyDelete